In order to address the current challenges posed by COVID-19, we have decided to offer TeleMedicine visits (a video conference with your one of our providers) to our patients for routine visits. However, if you have a medical issue that must be addressed in the office, we will be able to schedule you with one of our providers. As you know, this is an evolving situation and we will continue to adjust our office schedule as needed.
The process should be simple but may involve a few steps to connect to our doctors. Note you may check in to your appointment 30 minutes prior to your scheduled time. For your first TeleMedicine visit, we do recommend that you check in early to test your connection and equipment.
TeleHealth/Televisits Instructions for Smart Phones
- Using your smart phone, download the Healow App from your appstore.
- Once you have downloaded the Healow App, should launch the app. You may need an access code, which is unique to our practice. The code is: AEEJAD.
- If you do not have a user ID and password, you can obtain one or reset your password if you do not know it by logging on to http://www.sussexheart.com. Click on Patient Portal (top right). From there you can recover your account or password. If you cannot access your account, call our office for assistance.
- Once you have your user ID and password, you can now log onto the Healow app, navigate past the initial setup steps by answering the questions.
- Once logged onto Healow, you will see a button named “Appointments” on top of the wheel.
- Enter your Televisit by clicking on the Televisit appointment.
- For Android users, you may have to give the Healow App permission to use your your camera and microphone (go to app permissions in your settings).
*Please refer to one of the PDF files below for a more step-by-step process. These files contain instructions for those who have not yet setup their patient portal before. Steps may be slightly different for each patient and smart device.*
TeleHealth/Televisits Instructions for Desktop Users
(Please note you must have a webcam and microphone)
- Log in to the patient portal at http://www.sussexheart.com.
- Go to “Appointments” on the bar on the left side of the screen.
- Click on “Join Televisit”.
- If you have your vitals, you can submit them, otherwise, leave them blank. Click “Submit Vitals.”
*Please refer to the PDF file below for a more step-by-step process. This file contains instructions for those who have not yet setup their patient portal before. Steps may be slightly different for each patient.*